Thursday, December 12, 2013

December 12

Post 1023, Day 346 of 2013
- and 1076 days since I started this blog -


Daily Comment
I had an appointment with an audiologist today.

As you all know, long overdue. He confirmed what I suspected, that my hearing had degraded in the 8 or so years since my last test.

He also confirmed that my current hearing aids are broken, and that, even if they weren't, they were completely unsuitable for my kind of hearing loss. Not useless, but almost.

I initiated this visit after my vacation in LA - where I wore my aids more than I usually do, and noticed some problems.

I had decided that much of the problem was due to my ears needing a professional cleaning.

I was wrong. 

What I needed was a functional set of hearing aids I could wear all the time, programmed for the current state of my hearing.

I'll have that sometime before my birthday. 


Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 Food and Diet Section
2013 Daily Weight
Today's Weight:         205.6 lbs
Previous Weight:        204.2 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:      + 1.4 lbs

Diet Comment
I was expecting this when my snack turned out to be dinner and my dinner was a relatively high-carb late-night snack.

Food Log 
Breakfast
cacao-kale-hemp-chia protein shake (almond milk, kale, a large egg, raw organic cacao powder, hemp seeds, chia gel, whey powder (30g protein), cinnamon and stevia-inulin blend).


Lunch
Wild-caught salmon salad on Ezekiel 4:9 Flax sprouted grain bread with a salad of Spring Mix, kale, cole slaw mix and balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner
Pepperoni and cheese.

Liquid Intake
   Coffee:  0 oz.   Water: 88+ oz.

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment