Thursday, September 19, 2019

#2347: Thursday, September 19: I don't like him/her


Post 2347
- 8 years and 262 days since I started this blog -
  
Daily Comment
All my life, there has been a minority of people I don't like among people I know or am acquainted with.

The reason is basically always the same: They have behaved in a way that was hurtful to me or someone I liked.

I have judged them, and put them in a special status (people I don't like) based on that judgment.

That isn't something I like about myself, that judgment. Basically, it says as much about me as it does about them. I know I don't want to feel like I'm being judged, as much as I like compliments when I get them from someone who has judged me and found something they liked.

In my defense, two things: I judge myself just as much, and only in recent years have I learned to forgive myself for those things I dislike about myself. And, in the past, I have been much more forgiving of other people, those I like and don't like.

I have also changed my mind, and come to like somebody I hadn't.

Because judging assumes understanding, and understanding other people isn't something I or other people I know do a good job of - it isn't in humans to see that deeply into ourselves (so much of our behavior comes from subconscious influence) or in others (we are not a mind-reading species).

So, I believe in judge not, lest ye be judged.

Judging is never kind, even when the judgment comes out positive. It is ego-centered. It is imperfect, as it must be when done by imperfect humans.

I still do it. Certain behaviors put me on the defensive.


Still, because I know that my judgment, my thinking, is imperfect, I don't hold a grudge. I try never to be rude to people I don't like. And when I see someone I have passed judgment on in this way, I turn it around and ask myself, what is it that they did that I don't like in myself?

Because when it comes to these things, it's all about ego - all about me. 


I am grateful for the lessons this kind of thinking - about judging - have taught me.

Food and Diet 
Today's Weight:                    202.6 lbs.
Previous Weight (9/18/19):         204.9 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     - 2.2 lbs.
Diet Comment
Nice, big move on the day. There's hope for tomorrow! Always.

Food Log
Breakfast
4:45pm:
LEO salad (wild-caught smoked salmon, free-range eggs, onions, turmeric, arugula, chard, kale, red cabbage, spinach, walnuts).
Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
11:45pm: London broil and cole slaw, carrots and homemade mayonnaise, and a Quest bar.

Liquid Intake
   Espressos: 2;   Coffee: 0 oz.;  Water: 72+ oz.; a shot of Jameson's Irish whiskey.


 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment