Tuesday, September 17, 2019

#2345: Tuesday, September 17: More of the usual


Post 2345
- 8 years and 260 days since I started this blog -
  
Daily Comment
Tonight I played at a couple of open mics.

That's kind of what I do. It's fun. I do fun.

I try not to have expectations. I don't expect any place or event to be fun. But it isn't a stretch to say that any place I go, I have fun. Because it isn't a goal, it's a mindset that converts most experiences to fun.

It isn't perfect, but...

It tends to be the kind of thing where an attitude that doesn't place demands on a situation or a scene, that approaches a situation trying to make a good time happen out of whatever is there will attract a good time, and people will want to join in, participate.

Tonight, I did that twice. First, at Limp Lizard's open mic, I played on two sets accompanying a people I've played with before, who asked for me to be on their set, and everything clicked and it sounded great, which means everybody had a good time.

Then, at Maxwell's open mic, I played my first ever bass-and-vocal set. I did it as a kind of goof - a statement about the fact that nobody ever does that, and it went over well. Then, the host asked me to jam with her. Although I've known her and played with her for nearly nine years, this is the first time that has happened. It came out great, and I got a chance to improvise on a song I'd never heard before, and even took a couple of solos.

Which led to the next (and last) set of the night, where a couple of guitarists asked me to stay up and play with them, also songs I didn't know, and they were very happy with the results.

And we all had a good time.

I couldn't be more grateful for how this seems self-perpetuating.


Food and Diet 
Today's Weight:                    203.9 lbs.
Previous Weight (9/16/19):         204.9 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     - 1.0 lbs.
Diet Comment
I'm impressed that, even with the gigantic quantity of food I ended up eating last night, I still managed to drop a pound.

Food Log
Breakfast
5:15pm, at CoreLife Eatery: 
Korean BBQ Pork: Quinoa, kimchi, cucumbers, spicy broccoli, Sriracha sprouts, fried egg, slow-roasted pork, ginger, and korean bbq sauce. Not shown: Two-scoop ice cream cup with a scoop each of Gannon's Chocolate PB and Espresso Chip ice cream.
Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
1:05am: London broil on Super Grains bread with homemade turmeric mayonnaise, riced cauliflower with chia seeds, butter and parmesan cheese, and a Quest bar.

Liquid Intake
   Espressos: 2;   Coffee: 0 oz.;  Water: 72+ oz.; a shot of Jameson's Irish whiskey.


 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment