Monday, September 16, 2019

#2344: Monday, September 16: Weekend update


Post 2344
- 8 years and 259 days since I started this blog -
  
Daily Comment
What a weekend! 

It began with a drive to the Philadelphia suburb of Ardmore on Friday, bringing Frank to the first tour date with Black Uhuru, and ended with a drive from New York City back home to play at the Valley Blues House pro jam.

In between, I met up with some friends from the old neighborhood, at Little Bay Park, in Queens, under the Throggs Neck Bridge, where we used to hang out in the sixties and seventies.

Every bit of it was a good time. 


The drive to Ardmore was easy and the show was great! 

Meeting up with Merv in Manhattan turned out to be a trial of patience, as the traffic was seriously bad, with streets closed and parades (St. Gennaro's Feast) creating a nightmare getting out of Manhattan. The reward was getting together with friends I have known for almost sixty years, with the opportunity to catch up and have lots of laughs, then even more of it all at a good deli nearby.

The drive up from the City couldn't have been much smoother, until the very end where I encountered rain in Onondaga County (where I live). But the rain was gone by the time I went to Valley Blues House, and I had a good night there. In particular, a drummer I had enjoyed playing with once before turned out to be one of the best bass players I've ever heard, with great tone and exquisite technique; but he still insisted on accompanying me on drums - he wanted to play with me. I was flattered and grateful - it made my night.

The only negatives involve what I didn't get to do, and what I ate.

What I didn't get to do is see my brother and sister-in-law, and visit some more friends.

What I ate was a bunch of excellent-tasting, high-quality off-plan food, OR (while traveling) some convenient shit.

So it goes. The good far outweighs the bad (pun intended).

Times like this, I appreciate my life. I'm so grateful to have good friends, great opportunities to enjoy myself, and good enough health to enjoy both.


Food and Diet 
Today's Weight:                    204.9 lbs.
Previous Weight (9/12/19):         201.3 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     + 3.6 lbs.
Diet Comment
While I didn't anticipate this much of a weight gain, while I was eating the delicious and fattening food I had for three days straight, I knew what the result was going to be. So, we begin to lose weight now. Or maybe, tomorrow, because my eating got out of hand at the end of the night.
Food Log
Breakfast
4:45pm:
Warm salmon and eggs salad (wild-caught salmon, free-range eggs, turmeric, sauteed greens with onions and peppers, arugula, chard, kale, red cabbage, spinach, balsamic vinaigrette).
Lunch
7:30pm: A Quest bar.

Snack
9:30pm: A Quest bar.

Dinner
1:05am: London broil/grilled cheese sandwich on Super Grains bread, carrots and homemade turmeric mayonnaise, and walnuts and greek yogurt.

Liquid Intake
   Espressos: 2;   Coffee: 0 oz.;  Water: 84+ oz.; 

 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment