Wednesday, September 4, 2019

#2337: Wednesday, September 4: Continuing car woes


Post 2337
- 8 years and 247 days since I started this blog -
  
Daily Comment
With nothing else to write about, I'll mention that I'm still in car hell, hoping for escape tomorrow.

Tonight, I was a passenger, being driven around. I can't remember the last time I was a passenger in a private (non-taxi or -Uber or -Lyft). I'm the driver.

Being a passenger was unnerving. I'm used to being in control when I'm in the front seat. But I was lucky to catch a ride - had I not run into my friend Debbie at a birthday party (that I walked to), I was planning on spending the night watching TV.

Tomorrow my car goes back in the shop where they're going to take the brakes completely apart and find out where the friction is coming from, and restore my hand- (emergency-) brake to functional status.

I hope. It should all be done under warranty - my guys honor the company warranty. I hope.

I'm grateful to have survived my car's mechanical illness over the last month, and for having the wherewithal to face my problems without losing my shit.


Food and Diet 
Today's Weight:                    201.0 lbs.
Previous Weight (9/3/19):          201.0 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     - 0.0 lbs.
Diet Comment
No movement. So it goes.

Food Log
Breakfast
6:15pm: Bacon and eggs with riced cauliflower, chia seeds, and Dubliner cheese.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
1:05am: Dubliner cheese and guacamole, carrots and homemade mayonnaise, and a Quest bar.

Liquid Intake
   Espressos: 1;   Coffee: 0 oz.;  Water: 84+ oz.; 2 shots of Jameson's Irish whiskey.


 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. That's just your imagination talking. I doubt you would have. Also, nothing was resolved when I got my car back. I took it to a different mechanic, twice, and the noise is still there (although the emergency brake works now). The second mechanic also showed me a bunch of things the previous mechanics had missed, done badly, done wrong, and so on... I am now a permanent resident of car Hell...

    ReplyDelete