Thursday, August 22, 2019

#2328: Thursday, August 22: Sometimes jamming works out well


Post 2328
- 8 years and 234 days since I started this blog -
  
Daily Comment
I had two good jams tonight.

The first was backing up a poetry reading, solo on bass. It worked. It also worked Tuesday, when I was asked to do the same thing. Both times I believe I enhanced the reading. Both poets enjoyed it (one got very emotional).

I love the idea of this. When I was a teenager, I used to read Beat poetry accompanied by my friend Thom Jones's jazz records. Speaking of which, RIP, Thom. Anyway, it was gratifying.

The second jam was an actual jam. It was made special by the drummer, a friend who I gave some notes to after our last session playing together. The thing is, he could have reacted to my notes, which were constructive criticism, in a lot of negative ways - he could have gotten defensive, he could have withdrawn.

Instead, he took what I said to heart, and tonight, he delivered, and it made for some excellent music. In fact, one of the most satisfying jams I've had recently.

I feel like we're better friends for it, too.

I'm grateful for all the opportunities I get to make good music. The good feelings last.


Food and Diet 
Today's Weight:                    201.5 lbs.
Previous Weight (8/21/19):         201.5 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     - 0.0 lbs.
Diet Comment
Hmmm. No progress. I disappointed myself eating a big brick of cheese for dinner, when my intention was not to eat anything. Day-um.

Food Log
Breakfast
5:45pm: Kale, spinach, onions, peppers, eggs and bacon sautée, and a Quest bar.

Lunch
Skipped.

Dinner
11:45pm: Salad (arugula, chard, kale, spinach, walnuts, almonds, shaved parmesan cheese, balsamic vinaigrette), walnuts and whipped, sweetened cottage cheese, and a Quest bar.

Liquid Intake
   Espressos: 2;   Coffee: 0 oz.;  Water: 82+ oz.; Jim Beam bourbon on the rocks.


 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment