Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday, May 6

Post 1158, Day 126 of 2014
- 1,222 days since I started this blog -
Daily Comment
Looking at yesterday's Daily Comment, I guess the important thing is how to handle negative criticism.

I went through all the stages of grief on this one: Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and finally, acceptance. 

When I got depressed about it, I did a little mental exercise to release that feeling, along with any residual anger. Do you want to know what this exercise was? I allowed myself to feel really bad: Angry, depressed, a little desperate. I wallowed in that for about a minute, then made a tight fist. Then I asked myself, "Are you ready to let it go?" I mentally answered, "Yes". Then, "When will you let it go?" Silent answer: "Now!". Finally, I take a deep breath, and tell myself, "It's gone.", and unclench my fist.

I did this mumbo-jumbo twice, and, lo and behold, stopped feeling bad about it.

Which is when I reached the stage of acceptance.


 Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 Food and Diet Section
2014 Daily Weight
Today's Weight:         204.0 lbs
Previous Weight:        205.0 lbs
Day Net Loss/Gain:      - 1.0 lbs

Diet Comment
There's that loss that didn't show up yesterday.


Food Log 
Breakfast
Skipped.

Lunch
Roasted turkey breast  on baby kale, baby spinach and chard, cole slaw mix, shaved cheese and balsamic vinaigrette. Not shown: A Quest Bar.
Snack
A Quest Bar.

Dinner
Pepperoni and cheese, and a Quest bar.

Liquid Intake
   Coffee:  0 oz.   Water: 96+ oz  

Please leave a comment if you visit my blog. Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment