Monday, July 27, 2026

#3598, Monday, July 27, 2026

Post 3598
- 16 years and 209 days since I started this blog -
Food and Diet
Today's Weight:                     199.7
 lbs.
Previous Weight (7/24/26):          199.7 lbs.
Net Loss/Gain:                     -  0.0 lbs.
Diet Comment
Usually, it's "No change, no comment," but it's been five days of no change. Again, it's Monday, and after a weekend, when I'm not tracking and recording my food, I expect to see a weight gain. Saturday, as it happens, was like one of my old-fashioned 'cheat' days. I ate pizza, pork rinds and hummus, to finish out the day after a pancake breakfast. Ended up finishing one of my dark chocolate bars. That's a lot of calories, an unusually high percentage of them comng from simple carbohydrates.

Lately, my weight has been less predictable than I've become used to (hah! There's actually a joke in that sentence). This corresponds to a downturn in daily activity. Since I got back from my winter travels I've been in a slump. I have spent more time on the couch watching TV than at any time in my life. This is partially due to fewer opportunities to go out and play - I dropped one band due to a bad leader, and the other bands I play with regularly have sharply fewer gigs than at any time in the past.

But it's also due to a feeling that started three years ago, when I came home after blowing out my knees climbing a mountain in Ecuador. I felt weak. And old. The pain was a deterrent to movement. I didn't fight these feelings, I embraced them.

I now think, on reflection, that was a bad idea. It has led to what I consider a lower quality of life. I'm going to fix that.

So I have some negative inertia to overcome.

It begins today. We'll see.
Food Log
Breakfast
Skipped.
Lunch
3:00pm: Scrambled eggs with pork breakfast sausage and brussels sprouts.
Dinner
10:55pm: Salmon burger on Ezekiel 4:9 Flax sprouted grains bread with coleslaw. A Quest bar.
Liquid Intake
Espressos: 1;  Coffee: 12 oz.;  Water: 54+ oz.;

 Please leave a comment when you visit my blog.
Thank you!













No comments:

Post a Comment